This year's Open Studio event takes place on Saturday 25th Oct 1pm until 5pm at Dundas House, Middlesbrough. (The main doors will be open into Dundas House from Dundas Arcade, opposite Fultons Foods.)
During the event artists including Pete Gough, Nicola Golightly, Vicky Holbrough, Jane Elwell - The Liberartian, Gavin Lenaghan, and John Griffin will be opening their studio doors to visitors, talking about their work and sharing what they do.
We'll also have several activities for visitors to get involved with including -
- Photographer Jason Hynes will be offering visitors an opportunity for a free portrait
- Artist Barbara Griffin has turned her whole studio into a giant Camera Obscura
- Clothing designer Phil Woodhead from Buckley will be showing people how he creates his renowned fashion illustrations
- Find out more about Arts Award with Jane Gray
- Shirley Ann Wood from ARTventurers offering a fun and sensory drop in art and craft activity for children aged 6months to 11years and their families, between 1pm and 3pm.
- Collograph printing with Adrian Moule - free drop in printmaking in Navigator Print Studio between 1pm and 3.30pm
- Sara Cooper will be asking visitors to respond to ideas around 'collection'
- Natalie Miller will be showing visitors how to heat press designs onto t-shirts
Last years rooftop tours proved so popular last year that we're doing them again this year at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm. Come along for a great photo opportunity and an awesome view of Middlesbrough and the area. *Weather permitting
We'll have refreshments and cake available too for visitors in our 'Hub' space. Everyone welcome.