Artists’ Union England is very pleased to announce we are hosting a Hustings on the 11th of Feb 2015 6-8pm, at Chelsea College of Art and Design lecture theatre in London.
The event provides an opportunity for representatives of different political parties to directly address the concerns of artists in advance of the general election.
We have the following confirmed speakers:
- Bob and Roberta Smith (artist and independent candidate for Surrey Heath)
- Ed Vaizey MP (HM Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industries)
- Baroness Jane Bonham-Carter (LibDem spokesperson on DCMS matters in the House of Lords)
- Chris Bryant MP (Shadow Minister for Culture and the Digital Economy)
- Martin Dobson (Green Party)
Tickets cost £3 for AUE members and £5 for non-members (plus a small eventbrite booking fee of under a pound). Please book through our eventbrite event page. Please bear in mind there are limited tickets so book quickly to avoid disappointment. All proceeds will go towards our fundraising for the Certification of Independence.
The Hustings will feature short presentations from each of the party representatives and independent candidates, followed by an audience question and answer session.
AUE would like to thank Chelsea College of Art and Design for kindly hosting the event and our media partner Artquest.