Are you looking for more outlets for your work? Do you know the differences between retail and trade fairs? Do you need support to expand your creative business?
What is this event?
The Crafts Council is organising an afternoon workshop in Poole to offer you an insight to taking part in Craft Fairs and how to make the most of these types of opportunities.
You will be informed about the differences between retail and trade fairs and advice to support you in making the right choice for your creative business
To find out if your creative practice is ready for a craft fair and top tips on how to prepare you for a craft fair
Find out about craft fairs aboard and how this could be a good option to expand your markets
Who is it for?
- Artists and makers
- Amateurs looking to build a business out of their making
- Early career makers who need advice and tips in starting to develop their markets through craft fairs
- Mid-career makers looking for up to date information to develop their markets through craft fairs and introduction to overseas fairs
- Must be based in Dorset
What you will go away with
- Top tips in managing your creative practice in an effective way
- A set of action points to implement with a follow up from Crafts Council
- Chance to meet like-minded people; discuss your practice and help overcome some challenges you may be facing right now
Who is speaking?
- Crafts Council UK Talent Development Manager Caroline Jackman, has over 20 years' experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
- Angie Parker, award winning designer & weaver of Floor Art: Rugs for lovers of colour & pattern will be sharing her experience of marketing her practice. Angie is a CAA selected member & CCDirectory member.
What to bring
- Notebook and pen ( you will also be sent a copy of the slides after the event)
- There is no fee for attendees but spaces are limited.
- If you are based outside Dorset please call us before booking your place as only Dorset residents qualify for a place.
- If you are a Sole Trader please bring your Unique Tax Reference Number, if you own a registered company/organisation please bring your registration number.
- We will be providing refreshments, please be sure that you let us know your dietary requirements on the Eventbrite Event Registration.
How to book:
- Spaces are limited, only one place available per business
- If you book and find that you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible and at least 48 hours prior to the workshop. This allows us to release the booking to others that are on a waiting list
- Spaces are free book via: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/craft-fairs-and-trade-shows-explained-an-afternoon-workshop-hosted-by-craft-council-tickets-45516907295?aff=es2
This Culture+ workshop is specifically for artists and creative practitioners based in Dorset. Culture+ is funded by Arts Council England and the European Regional Development Fund. It is providing support for the creative industry strand of the Dorset Growth Hub programme lead by WSX Enterprise.