At this event CVAN EM and CAMEo will launch the publication of their research into the East Midlands visual arts community. Hear the key findings of It Takes A Region To Raise An Artist, and participate in a lively discussion featuring regionally-based artists and curators, about support for artists, the strengths and gaps in the region and approaches to developing regional artistic talent.
· Dr Antoinette Burchill - AHRC Creative Economy Engagement Fellow & Researcher: It Takes A Region To Raise An Artist
· Andrea Hadley-Johnson - Artistic Programme Manager, National Justice Museum
· David John Scarborough - Artist, Curator & Founder of Modern Painters New Decorators
· James Steventon - Artist, Writer, Runner & Director, Fermynwoods Contemporary Art
· Skinder Hundal MBE - CEO and Director, New Art Exchange
With Elizabeth Hawley-Lingham, Director, CVAN EM & Professor Mark Banks, Director, CAMEo.
This is a free event supported by AHRC, Midlands4Cities, CVAN EM, and CAMEo.
Everybody is welcome.
Following this event, from 6-7.30pm, delegates are also invited to CVAN EM's Annual Event at nearby Two Queens, where over delicious refreshments and informal conversation, they will have a sneak preview of and an introduction to his new solo exhibition - Pillgarlic's Gone A-Sauling - by Berlin-based artist Jake Kent. They will also be able to find out more about Leicester's responses to the It Takes A Region To Raise An Artist workforce survey and hear about CVAN EM's future plans.