AA2A Plus allows organisations (such as museums, arts centres, galleries) to offer residencies for artists and designer makers in partnership with a local University or College who run an AA2A scheme.
We are currently looking for organisations interested in the possibility of offering AA2A Plus placements from Oct 2015 - April 2016.
Benefits for the partner organisation
- AA2A provides expertise and backup to oversee and manage artists' placements
- Provides a cost effective residency with a national profile, supporting websites etc
- Strengthens links with a local College or University and with local artists
- Profiles an organisation (or a collection) to the public through artists giving workshops, talks or through commissioned work
Basic outline of the AA2A Plus scheme
- The majority of the artists time will be spent at the Uni / College who provide access to their workshops and supporting facilities
- The partner organisation will provide an artists with, at least 5 days work, at a minimum of £150 a day
- The partner organisation will pay AA2A £500 to £750 (depending on the number of placements) to cover the extra administration, advertising and brokering involved
- The selection of artists is a joint decision between the organisation and College / Uni
York AA2A Plus pilot scheme
AA2A is currently managing a successful pilot scheme with York Museums Trust and York College. They decided to enhance two of the four AA2A artists placements that the College would normally run and advertise them to artists and makers who wanted to work using the York Art Gallery's Collection of Contemporary Ceramics as their inspiration. York College will run a parallel student project, working with the Trusts collections alongside the artists projects.
The standard of applications was extremely high with two well established artists Karen Thompson and Ian Kirkpatrick being chosen for these enhanced places.
We are currently looking for organisations interested in the possibility of offering AA2A Plus placements from Oct 2015 - April 2016. If you have a local College or University in mind as a possible partner please let us know, ideally by 12th January 2015. For more information please see our new webpage here, or contact Wendy Mason, National Director AA2A Ltd, on either: 0781 452 0046, 0114 296 0688 or firstname.lastname@example.org.