MOSTYN | Wales is delighted to announce MOSTYN Open 19.
Based in Llandudno, MOSTYN is Wales' leading gallery of contemporary art, with six galleries that showcase the best contemporary art being made in Wales and internationally.
Since its inception in 1989, the MOSTYN Open has called out to artists of any age and location to enter. The exhibition of selected works takes place at MOSTYN, with a prize of £10,000 awarded to a single artist or collective. In addition, the ‘People’s Choice’ grants a prize of £1000 to those who receive the most votes from visitors during the exhibition.
The exhibition will take place from 14th March – 5th July 2015.
For the first time in its history, the forthcoming MOSTYN Open 19 will invite works from a wider range of disciplines to be considered: visual art, fashion, applied arts, product design and graphic communication.
The selectors for MOSTYN Open 19 are:
- Donna Loveday, Head of Curatorial at the Design Museum, London
- Claire Norcross, Designer
- Philip Hughes, Director of Ruthin Craft Centre
- Adam Carr, Visual Arts Programme Curator MOSTYN
- Alfredo Cramerotti, Director of MOSTYN
- a further selector to be confirmed.
- And the visiting audience for the People’s Choice
KEY DATES AND SUBMISSION PROCESS
- 3rd January 2015 – Deadline for payment of £25 entry fee and receipt of completed registration form. You will receive a registration number and submission form by email on receipt of registration form and payment.
- A maximum of 6 images may be submitted per application.
- 10th January 2015 – Closing date for submission form together with images of artwork by email.
- 7th February 2015 - Notification of selection
To download the registration from, and for full details and terms and conditions please visit the MOSTYN | Wales website here.