Modern Art Oxford and CVAN South East jointly announces in partnership with four other flagship galleries in the South East of England, the shortlisted artists for its Platform Graduate Award 2016, a year-long professional development and creative mentoring award.
A selection of students from sixteen participating universities were chosen by Aspex, De La Warr, MK Gallery, Modern Art Oxford and Turner Contemporary galleries, whose work has been shown in a series of group exhibitions over the past months. An artist from each exhibition has been shortlisted for the award, and these are:
· Olive Sanderson, University of Northampton, shortlisted by Milton Keynes Gallery.
· Daniel Owusu, University of Kent, shortlisted by Turner Contemporary.
· Eleanor Pearch, University of Brighton, shortlisted by De La Warr Pavilion.
· Nacheal Catnott, University of Reading, shortlisted by Modern Art Oxford.
· Sian Hutchins, Arts University Bournemouth, shortlisted by Aspex.
Now in its fifth year, the Platform Graduate Award represents the very best of young and emerging artists in the region, the selection made with support from the tutors and course leaders at the partner higher education institutions to identify students with ambition and talent. The summer exhibition programme offered the Platform graduate cohort the opportunity to work closely with gallery programme teams and they will all benefit from an ongoing programme of support over the coming year.
The winner of the Platform Graduate Award 2016 will be announced on 7th December at Turner Contemporary, Margate, and will receive a 12-month bespoke programme of professional development from the five participating art galleries as well as a £2,500 bursary towards further development of their practice.