The Next Steps? – a contribution to debate on a new national policy for the arts and culture in England is GPS Culture’s contribution to the 2016 national debates on the arts and culture and is targeted at:
- local government - principally the leadership of emerging combined authorities
- cultural organisations, in the arts, museums and libraries, based in their areas
- everyone interested in contributing to future policy for the arts and culture in England.
Two challenges that the White Paper must address:
The White Paper on Culture faces two principal challenges. If it does not address them both head on and provide a credible route forward over the coming decade it will be unworthy of comparison with its 1965 predecessor.
- Fundamental change from the present imbalances between the capital and the rest of the country
- The potential of the arts and culture to play a leading role in supporting and enhancing individual and community wellbeing
Find out more: gpsculture.co.uk/next-steps.php