Sage Gateshead would like to commission an individual, collective or company, from or based in the North, to create a transformational installation for the public spaces in their building. Their lead commission for the Great Exhibition of the North, it will launch on Friday 22 June and run throughout the festival duration until 3 September 2018.
The installation aims to be impactful, instilling a sense of wonder and surprise in their audiences. It will act as a reason to visit Sage; a destination attraction that transforms, reveals and interacts with their building, audiences and wider programme.
The piece could:
- Play with and transform our building internally and externally, the surrounding area and beyond.
- Exist virtually and online as well as in the physical world.
- Provide moments of changed state throughout the exhibition period, be animated in different ways at different times.
- Utilise public participation, data and feedback.
- Leave a legacy of content and infrastructure that will be useful to Sage in the future.
Site visits are available on 25 and 30 August 2017.
The full brief can be read here.
Deadline for initial proposals: Sunday 17 September 2017