Project Grants will become the new open access programme for arts and museum projects, and for arts projects in and with libraries. The fund will continue to help support thousands of individual artists, community and cultural organisations.
- £97.3 million will be available each year for museums, libraries, artists and arts organisations. This is an increase in funding, however it will permit a wider range of applications.
- This funding will allow Arts Council to further support the integration of museums and libraries into their total investment approach.
- Project Grants will be more open to supporting those working in creative and digital media than the existing Grants for the Arts.
- Some aspects of the Strategic Touring and Ambition for Excellence funds will be absorbed into Project Grants, with £14 million per year reserved to support nationally significant and national touring projects of over £100,000.
- National Portfolio Organisations (NPOs) will be able to apply for some of the national activity previously supported by Strategic Touring and Ambition for Excellence.
This news comes as a Lottery shortfall has forced a cut to Arts Council's budget for 2018-22.
Information on how to apply will be available through Arts Council in mid-February.
A FAQ on the new Grants can be found here.