a-n are looking for an exceptional individual with strong relationship building and project management skills to join their core staff team at an exciting time for the company.
Job title: External Programmes and Partnerships Manager.
Reports to: Head of Communications and Partnerships.
Salary: £25,873 – £33,670 depending on experience.
Contract: This is a full-time permanent, contract of employment.
Location: a-n has offices in Newcastle upon Tyne and London. The preferred location of this post is either London or North East England.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 12 noon on Monday 3 December 2018.
Overview: A central role in the a-n team, the External Programmes and Partnership Manager role provides support to the CEO and the Head of Communications and Partnerships, is responsible for developing relevant opportunities for a-n’s members across the UK, and implementing, delivering and evaluating core external programmes and partnerships in line with the company’s mission and business plan.
We have an ambitious forward business plan, a growing membership and the success of influential and impactful campaigns and programmes to build on. We’re looking for an exceptional individual with strong relationship building and project management skills to join our core staff team.
• Increasing opportunities for a-n’s members through management and delivery of external programmes and partnerships
• External programme planning and development
• Extending the presence and profile of a-n across the UK ensuring our networks and members are actively engaged in the work we do
• Management and reporting
Knowledge and Experience:
• Good level of understanding of the cultural, social and political context for our work in the visual arts sector
• In-depth knowledge of the diversity of UK contemporary visual arts practice and of the concerns, needs and aspirations of core customers
• Good understanding of the engagement and consultation frameworks needed to stimulate our membership’s expression of need, expose the contexts for visual arts practice and of how to translate evidence gained into viable products and services
• Understanding and experience of inter-organisational collaboration
• Understanding of, and experience in delivering, sectoral projects and campaigns in the cultural or creative industries
• Awareness and understanding of cultural sector professional development
• Experience of relationship management and partnership building
• Experience of group facilitation
• Recent relevant experience gained in a similar role
• Excellent people skills, able to initiate and establish effective partnerships and professional relationships with a wide variety of people and organisations
• Proven team player, effectively managing own time, sharing and prioritising workload within a deadline-based environment
• Willing contributor to co-learning and knowledge sharing
• Appropriate and effective use of the wide range of communications techniques and virtual platforms available within the company
• Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
• Excellent written skills, including marketing copy and report writing
• Literate in online and digital technology with good knowledge of social media and digital distribution strategies to enhance awareness-raising and campaign engagement
a-n The Artists Information Company is the largest artists’ membership organisation in the UK with over 22,000 members. We have been leading and influencing policy and sectoral best practice for almost 40 years with our members’ needs, interests and concerns always the central focus of what we do.
How to apply:
See job pack below for details of how to apply and guidance notes for applicants.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Monday 3 December 2018.
Original source: https://www.a-n.co.uk/about/external-programmes-partnerships-manager-2/