NECVAN presents Amplify: networking social and artists commission showcase with guest speaker Professor Andrea Phillips.
Tuesday 27 March at Cobalt, Newcastle, 2pm-Midnight.
Dinner, bar and DJ.
NECVAN's first social event, with talks, workshops, dinner and bar followed by artist commissions and DJ. Please join them for this opportunity for the network to come together, celebrate achievements, contribute to plans for both the national and North East CVAN, and to socialise, make connections and enjoy a few performances.
- Professor Andrea Phillips, BALTIC Professor and Director of BxNU, will join us to discuss sustainability in the arts and artist-led initiatives.
- Paula Graham-Gazzard, the new national CVAN Director, will talk about CVAN’s national strategy to build a collaborative and connected network, and will invite your suggestions on #CVANFuture.
- A Pecha Kucha, where network members will talk about their achievements over the past year.
- A ‘thinking through making’ riso print workshop led by DRAWING with support from Cobalt, Foundation Press, and North East based artists, responding to the provocation ‘how can we amplify what we do?’.
- Dinner cooked by Cobalt with vegetarian and vegan options and a drink included.
- An evening social with artist commissions responding to the Amplify theme. Empty Shop will ask, “What are your #Aspirations?”, in a motivational performance which might just make your dreams come true... Star and Shadow will be looping, animating and expanding found film intercut with new footage and oddities amplified by a live improvised soundtrack. And The Auxiliary will present a sound based installation.
The event is free, but places are limited so be sure to RSVP here.
NECVAN appreciate that the North East is a large region, and with this in mind they plan to hold future events in other parts of the region. To assist with travel costs, they are providing 20 micro-bursaries at £10 each, with priority given to those travelling from furthest away. If you are interested in a travel bursary to attend the event or further information, please email NECVAN Network Manager Adrienne Cassidy.