The AA2A project gives artists and designer-makers the opportunity to undertake a period of research or realise a project using university facilities e.g. technical workshops, IT facilities, lending library, and lecture programme with *four universities offering access to local collections in museums, galleries and archives. AA2A schemes aim to benefit students and institutions through their interaction with practising artists.
The following universities each offer at least 4 places -
*Central Lancashire (Preston), Liverpool Hope, Chester, Sheffield, Staffordshire (Stoke) Derby, *Loughborough, *De Montfort (Leicester), *Wolverhampton, Coventry, Anglia Ruskin (Cambridge), Hertfordshire (Hatfield) and Buckinghamshire New (High Wycombe)
In exchange for access to facilities, AA2A artists are asked to propose ways in which their presence will benefit students, e.g. technical demonstrations or talks about their work. Artists would not be asked to do this more than three times during their placement.
• Access is free, for at least 100 hours, between Oct 2018 and April 2019
• AA2A's Support Fund, primarily for artists on low income provides expenses up to £350
• Artists on AA2A schemes run from 2016 to 2017 or before can now reapply
• All applicants must have at least one year's professional practice
• Only MA / PhD students can apply in the same year they graduate
• Applicants should be able to work with minimal technical support
• Artists have a web profile on AA2A's networking site to document their project
• Many host institutions offer exhibitions as part of their scheme
AA2A particularly welcomes applications from artists with disabilities, from culturally diverse backgrounds and non-graduates. AA2A holds a modest fund to support costs associated with access for disabled applicants
APPLICATION PACKS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE DIRECT FROM THE HOST UNIVERSITY
Closing dates for applications vary but all are in September 2018
Deadline 1st September 2018