The second round of the CVAN NW Bursaries Programme is now open for applications from artists, independent curators /producers and critical arts writers who live and work in the North West region (Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cumbria and Cheshire), at any career stage. (Please note undergraduate students are ineligible.)
What are the bursaries for?
We are offering bursaries for self-determined professional development activities and related access costs. Examples of what the bursary could fund include (but are not limited to) mentoring, research, travel, marketing, materials/ equipment, training, childcare etc.
Applicants need to clearly demonstrate how this bursary opportunity would benefit your professional development at this particular point in time.
How much are we offering?
Up to four awards of between £250 and £500 each.
How do I apply?
Please send a document that includes the following information to CVAN NW Network Manager at email@example.com with ‘CVAN NW Bursaries Programme’ in the subject line by midday Thursday 4 April 2019:
1. Contact details – name, email, phone, address
2. Details of where we can see examples of your work eg. your website
3. Short and clear description of your proposed bursary activity (up to 100 words)
4. Why the opportunity provided by this bursary is crucial to your professional development at this time and what you envisage the bursary outcomes being (up to 250 words)
5. Outline the amount applied for and your budget
6. Whether this a standalone project or part of a larger project and if so what funding has been applied for/ received
7. Outline your estimated timeline and project milestones
8. Name and contact details of an established artist or arts professional who knows your work well enough to recommend you for this bursary
What are the timescales?
· Deadline for applications: midday, Thursday 4 April 2019
· Awards to be announced: mid-April 2019
· First payment issued: by end April 2019
· Activity to take place: May to September 2019
· Activity to be completed: by end September 2019
· Short evaluation report to be submitted: by 10 October 2019
· Final payment to be issued: by end October 2019