Applications are now open for the Near Now Fellowship 2019-2020.
Near Now is Broadway's (Nottingham) studio for arts, design and innovation. We work with artists to make, and make sense of, technology in everyday life. The Near Now Fellowship is our artistic and professional development programme which, through curiosity and discovery, helps pioneering artists to explore and realise bold ideas. Applications are invited from artists based in England, working in any art form, who use technology in their practice and/or explore the place and impact of technology in everyday life.
The Near Now Fellowship offers:
• Over £20,000 in support of each Fellow's work, including a £6000 stipend to support research and development.
• Time and resources for you to focus on your artistic and professional practice and test ideas for new work founded on rigorous research.
• An opportunity to exhibit your work in Broadway's Gallery.
• A Creative Producer working closely with you to advise and support the research, development and showcasing of work originating from the Fellowship.
• Support in identifying and approaching other sources of finance, collaboration, commissioning and showcasing opportunities to develop your work.
• Access to mentoring from practitioners from Near Now’s existing networks or identified by Fellows.
• The opportunity for you to join our growing community of Fellows.